Monday, February 14, 2011

VD

My husband & I are both among those who believe that Valentine's day is just a money-maker for greeting card & chocolate companies, nothing more.  Going all out and spending a bunch of money on February 14th is silly.  It is the little things, the sometimes wordless daily proofs of love, that really matter.  Unrelated to the "holiday", I had one of those days where all the little problems that are easy to deal with one at a time decide to gang up all at once.  I was stressed by things I can't control, exhausted & in pain (also beyond my control) and didn't feel like dealing with anything more complicated than sitting on the couch.  

It all fit together perfectly, actually.  All I wanted was to drown my sorrows in pizza & ice cream and be with my sweetie.  He got the Ben & Jerry's, I ordered the Pizza Hut.  It was just the evening both of us wanted and that I needed.  Plus, my kitten, displaying that innate ability all animals seem to have to know when you are feeling down, decided to cuddle with me... even after I was done eating pizza.
The pictures a dark but I didn't want to disturb her with the flash.  Kept it relaxing for us all.


I hope everyone had just the Valentine's day they wanted... whether it was filled with flowers & sweets or quiet & solitary or ignoring the day all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment