Friday, February 18, 2011

Something blue

When I was little I liked to play with my mom's jewelry (like most girls, I'm sure).  "Play" may not be the right word, though... I mostly just liked to look at her jewelry.  We weren't rich; she didn't have loads of diamonds & strings of pearls or anything.  There was some inherited costume jewelry, her high school class ring & a few nice presents from my dad.  It was all beautiful to me, though.

One of my favorites was a simple necklace: a tiny diamond atop a blue star sapphire.  Before I got married, my mom gave me the necklace.  It was my "something blue" for my wedding.  I don't wear jewelry often, although I still love it and occasionally purchase some, but today I had the urge to wear my star sapphire.  I doubt anyone else takes much notice of the small pendant but I sure feel special wearing it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment