Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Thursday evening

There's a reason I didn't post yesterday and its a really good one!  Okay, not really... I got lost in a Flickr photostream filled with great pictures of St. Louis.  Lots of awesome urban shots.  It inspired me to go on an urban photo safari here in Denver.  We've taken so many trips up into the mountains, and it is beautiful, but we've neglected our city.  I love urban landscapes too and will hopefully have the opportunity to get some good shots this weekend.

For now, here's a couple from today.  Nothing too exciting, really.  First, at a stop light on the way home from work.  What I really like about this one is the reflections on my hood (which I didn't notice until I looked at the pic at home).  I'll have to try this again & aim down a little & maybe after I get a car wash.



My favorite thing about snow is the way it sparkles.  My inner magpie loves shiny things.  It isn't easy to get that to represent well in photos, though.  Here's a semi-successful one I took while walking from the garage to our door.



The next 2 days are forecast to be really nice.  A little warmer & sunny.  Normally, I prefer overcast days for color photography but it has been too long since I've had a good photo road trip & I'll enjoy the warmth while its here!

No comments:

Post a Comment