Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oops

How many days can I forget about my blog until I'm cozy in bed, trying to fall asleep?  Current count is 3.  What makes this worse is my complete lack of short term memory.  I'd like to tell you what I've done the last few days but recalling is taxing my tiny (blond AND Polish, as my mother will tell you) brain.  I can tell you I worked, ate and slept.  These things I know.  I bet I watched some TV, made some high price real estate deals and fought some crime too.  You know, the usual. 

Today was a good day.  I caught someone in a lie through my superior record keeping & investigative skills.  Evidence makes me happy.  I should totally be a private investigator.  I did my usual work, blah blah blah, boring.  On my lunch, I did some shopping.  Here are my super cute new socks over the top of my new purse (which is what I initially went shopping for).



I got a delivery from Amazon.com that I was a little too excited about.  I am epically bad at math and this book has tons of charts that do all the math & measuring for me.  Next to it is a "free motion" quilting foot for my sewing machine.  This will allow me to do fun designs on quilts & to quilt a million times faster than by hand. Is there such a thing as a quilting geek?  Because I think I could be their leader.



Finally, once I got home, I made some truly awesome soup.  It is a creamy potato with carrots, onions and cheese.  I can't even tell you how impressed I am with myself.  I usually want a recipe which I follow faithfully but this was my own invention.  I did start off with the first couple steps of another creamy soup but the rest is all mine.  It turned out so good!  So good, in fact, that my husband invited a friend over & now the soup is all gone.



And that, my friends, was my hump day in a nutshell.  Now I shall lay in bed & cuddle with my kitten while playing mahjong on my laptop.  The excitement never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment