Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snowy day

Friday night, I got home from work and immediately went to sleep.  It was nice because I haven't gotten a good night of sleep in quite a while.  It was also really not nice because I initially laid down because my tummy was super unhappy (no idea why) and then I slept until Saturday morning.  That's a lot of sleep (and also the reason I didn't post yesterday)! 

So today, my hubby John and I went on a little photo safari.  Basically, we like to drive & get lost looking for interesting stuff.  This time, we headed towards Denver.  As I've said, I love snow... but it put quite a damper on my safari!  About an hour or so in, it started snowing lightly and then it really started coming down.  We went home earlier than we'd planned because the weather made it tough to get good photos but we had fun all the same.

My favorite picture of the day was from the Richthofen Castle.  It's probably called a castle because it was modeled after a castle in Germany but I'd call it a huge mansion.  It is really cool, anyway... and apparently for sale (if you've got $4 million in your housing budget).



Here's a shot of another building on the castle's grounds that shows a little more clearly the type of snowing we were dealing with...



We stayed out for a few hours then decided to go to the grocery store then home.  I made chili & it is just about the best chili ever.  No lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment