Monday, January 31, 2011

Brrr!

Back home in Missouri, they are bracing for a "snowpocolypse".  Apparently, they've declared a state of emergency and called in the National Guard.  Here in Denver, we've gotten only about 2 inches of snow so far, but it is supposed to snow all night.  I love snow but the temp is the real problem.  The HIGH tomorrow is -2 degrees.  Two below zero Fahrenheit.  I can't remember the last time I've seen a temp like that.  Here's what we've got going on right now, according to the handy dandy outside thermometer I got the hubby for Christmas:


9.9 degrees, people. Where I come from, that's cold.  The "max 19.4" reading is the warmest it has been over the past 24 hours or since 8am or something.  Either way, its pretty darn frigid.  They've closed some schools already but I'm not holding my breath for a snow day.  But it would be REALLY nice to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment