Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last stitch

I'm still awake at 2 am and posting to share a proud moment.  About 10 minutes ago, I put the last hand quilting stitch in my very first quilt.  
The white plastic you see is the handy dandy quilting frame I have.  The blue line on the yellow gingham is from a wonderful marking pen (that washes out) that kept my lines straight.  I am so close to being done!
I have my binding (the edge part) all cut and sewn.  The next step is to trim the quilt, iron the binding & then sew on the binding.  The quilting on this one is almost all hand stitched.  For my next project, I'm going to try free motion quilting, which uses the sewing machine.  I've never done this before so I decided to make a pillow to practice on before moving on to a quilt.
I just sewed together scraps from my first quilt.  I'm dead set on at least getting the first quilt done tomorrow (today, Sunday, whatever).  It feels so good to complete a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment