Friday, March 4, 2011

Big spender

I got myself a present today that cost a whole dollar.  It's a good and useful present, too.  I've been collecting remnants and different fabrics for quilting projects.  They've been sitting in various bags on my supply cart.  Now I have a plastic bin to put them!

At some point I'll probably organize by main color (I'm OCD like that, you should see my closet) but for now I have them grouped for 3 projects I have in the planning stages and then fabric I just thought was pretty & bought. 
I'm a little (pleasantly) surprised by the amount of creativity involved in quilting.  It isn't just squares of fabric that "match" like my grandma did. I have so many ideas, I'm excited to get started! 

2 comments:

  1. I love some of those fabrics! And yes, quilting is really a creative process. I'll have to take pictures of some of the quilts my mom has done. She's inherited Grandma's quilting gene. Rod had a dinosaur quilt that was awesome. Mom made Matt a quilt and quilted cars, guitars and other "matt" things into it. I can't wait to see what you do with some of those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking about the designs I want to use on future quilts! It feels really great to have a new creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete